Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Theatre Hair

Between now and May 9th, my attention will involve little else but the show I'm working on, Parade. I'm actually a bit behind. I just bought some costume grey mutton chops today, and there is still so much I have to do to prepare hair accessories and instruct the actors and actresses on how to style their hair. I plan to attend tomorrow night's rehearsal (provided that I'm not coming down with a stomach bug), as well as Saturday's all-day rehearsal. I will also be attending many, if not all, of next week's rehearsals leading up to opening night. However, if the actors and actresses are fairly self-sufficient, then I probably won't have to be there as much.

After this show closes, I am cutting back on my involvement with designing shows until next year when I'll be designing hair and makeup for Scapino!, which I think is a commedia d'ell arte play. I don't know much about that one yet. Auditions for it won't be until November and curtain is in January 2010.

I'm still planning to audition to the theatre-show-that-shall-remain-nameless (for now) if that theatre produces it. I've increased my walking routine, haven't done any weight training at all, but I've modified my diet a little bit and I'm not snacking at work anymore. There's one more thing I need to cut back on/quit: smoking. YES, I am a closet smoker. It increases with stress (which there is a lot of these days), but I rarely exceed a 2-smoke-a-day habit. (Not two packs a day, two cigarettes a day.) Still bad, I know. But not as bad as it could be (yes, I'm rationalizing, okay?).

Anyway, I need to stop that while I'm in training for this show. I really, really, really hope the theatre does this show. I'm listening to the soundtrack every day in the car on the way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment