Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blogspot

So, I'm not new to the whole blogging thing, just so you know. I seriously doubt anyone is these days, since so many people feel that their daily sturm-und-drang is worth blabbing about in an open, public forum such as the Internet. (I'm including myself in this statement.) I had--okay, have--a Livejournal account that I sometimes/almost never write in anymore, unless Josh, er, ahem, "people" piss me off so much that I feel I have nowhere else to vent but online. However, I've stopped using it to talk about fun stuff like baking, or gardening, or makeup and hair stuff, and I'm not really sure why. Probably because it got clogged up with so much venting that I felt that the people who read my journal had likely stopped due to all the negativity I was spewing. And why blog if you don't have an audience for which to blog?

I suppose I could follow that up by asking, "Why do ANYTHING without an audience?" But that's probably just the former actor/current Leo sign talking.

Maybe I've decided to create this new blog today out of sheer boredom, or perhaps I was in need of a hunger or online shopping diversion, or better yet, maybe I want to try to get myself back into regular blogging because, well, it's fun! And I need more fun in my life. We all do. So here's to hoping this isn't me starting something I won't continue with.

2 comments:

  1. Generally I like the concept of "blogging" over "journaling." To me a journal is an extremely personal thing --- kind of like that pink and sparkly diary with the little lock & key that you had when you were 11 years old. The thought of anyone reading your deep, most secret thoughts was abhorrent and perverse in your mind! A crime against humanity! So I think blogging is a more public forum and serves as a good spot to do everything from information dump, to anger management.

    Plus, LiveJournal is a bitch to use. Not that blogger is AWESOME, but it IS a lot more user-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for some reason I never got notice that you commented, so that's unnerving. Oh well. I suppose to blog site is perfect. But I agree wholeheartedly about the blogging vs. journaling thing.

    ReplyDelete