Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Some Pictures of Hair for Parade

Parade is one of the theatre shows I'm working on. It premiere's at St. Mark's Church in DC on May 9th, and it's a VERY large show that--believe it or not--is based on the true story of a girl who was raped and murdered in Atlanta in 1913, her accused murderer (a Jew in the racially-tense South), his relationship with his wife, and finally, his wrongful death by lynching after his death sentence was lifted. Google "Leo Frank" for all the details. It's extremely heavy, which is why this play (a musical, actually) is extremely unique. One usually thinks of musicals as fluffy, happy, fun things. Yeah. Not this one. But the story and music are extremely moving and profound, and I anticipate this cast will do a phenomenal job as they are all very talented.

So anyway, I'm designing hair which is somewhat nerve-wracking for me. I feel more comfortable doing makeup, honestly. But researching the periods and learning about how to do hairstyles is becoming really, really fun-- especially when I figure it out enough to feel like I did a kickass job.

Check out these pictures. I took them just now in my office garage. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment